If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Unseriousness

I seem to be clashing with society on an increasingly regular occassion.  As I explore being a grown up, and have some varsity/school initiated myths happily shattered about the corporate world, I find myself plumbing the depths of 'how casual can you be in business'.

I've said to a couple of people that I really enjoy joking with the people we work with, making unbusiness like comments in emails, like one to the marketing director at Hemingways 'please keep your foot aimed squarely at the accounting butt that needs prompting...'.  The risk here is that you get to casual too soon - IT guys seem to be impervious to my wit, and in my submission to 'the joke isn't funny when you have to explain' I thnk I'm developing a colourful rep with the ICT crowd  all over Slummies.

IT guy: "...can you please ask somebody at SMG to confirm this request using an @smgafrica.com email address, this is for security purposes. ..."
Rog: "... Hi IT guy, Totally understand, we change email addresses here more often than underpants… ..."
Didnt get a reply to that one.

Rog: "...My current plan is either to get a .csv file from PE, and take an axe to it, ..."
IT guy: "...I'd probably ask them for both...."

Rog: "Hi Marketing Lady, Thanks for sorting out the R32k payment, we’ll start spending it…"
Marketing Lady: "Please keep all invoices, as we’ll need them to balance the R32 000. "
Immeadiate response.

No comments:

Post a Comment