If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tree


I was standing on the deck this week.  We only have three rooms in our flat, excluding bathrooms... which oddly, would make it six.  Sometimes I just like to stand and stare out over my kingdom, coffee in hand.

This tree got me wondering.  What is the story behind this ode to pruning?

Perhaps the previous resident was a minimalist.  Unsatisfied with the frills and lavishness of leaves, pursuing simplicity?

Or is this the calling card of the Sandringham Road (not Epsom Road) peacock?  - I will pillage your possessions as I have robbed this tree of all it held dear!

Is it some sort of navigation beacon, or a asherah pole of the lesser known lower-Vincent-Illuminati?

A domestic dispute? "Im cutting the tree down!", "No you're not!", "Fine, Ill just prune it then..."

The result of a GroupOn 'Tree felling voucher"?