If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, October 17, 2011

Creche


Sunday morning found me knee deep in two year olds.  At times I was only ankle deep, largely due to the love/hate relationship toddlers have with gravity.

It was one of those moments you realise your trove of life experience counts for nothing.  Despite having actually been a toddler, I was at a loss.  When the first tears erupted I quickly passed the buck to Riaan, a helpful father who had stayed to assist with our 15 inmates.  There were only three guards.

One of the kids was advanced enoughh to put sentences together.  Rather than be impressed, it made me wonder if he ever gets bored with the gaping responses of his peers.  Will he become a psychopath?... misunderstood.  Who knows.

What I do know is that that is a beaver.  And that is a Walrus.  And that is a cricket.  And that kids choose books with cardboard pages over cheesy American sing-along DVDs.  Hardcopy for the win.  Once the animals books made an appearance I was set.