If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Police


I made a stop at the Cambridge Police Dept this afternoon.  My mission: certification.

It was pretty simple, there's a guy at the door who certifies things, all day.  The sign above his desk says 'Document certification'.

You don't need much to be a certifier, it basically comes down to one arm, mediocre eyesight and a pen.  You don't even need a desk, you could just press on the applicants back when you sign the paper off.  But can you handle it, the dude asked if he could keep the pen I brought, because he didn't have one.

All you government employees are at this point shaking your heads at my naievity... and yes, I realise that there are far more important things than ball point pens missing, but the fact that all this guy needed to do his job was a pen, and yet there was no pen, just blew me away.

It seems the arm of the law isn't long enough to reach the stationary drawer.