If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, October 10, 2011

CMH


I finally made it out to visit Cath's office this weekend.  Not sure why its taken me so long, possibly because its  unlikely I'd be able to say "I was in the neighbourhood and thought I'd drop in...".

Cecelia Makiwane Hospital.  Better known as CMH.  It feels like you're in a boarding school, thats in the middle of some sort of out-break.  The yellow brick walls don't exactly say hygiene either.  Infact, you could well mistake the hospital for anything other than a hospital, until you don your clean boots and skate through the flourescant theatre.

I wondered whether theres a special ward for staff injured in 'clean boot related' accidents.

On a sobering note, it was an eye opener to see family members wheeling people around on stretcher beds because there aren't enough nurses to help.  A stark reminder that we are still 3rd world.  On a lighter note... the grin on the mothers face after crashing her son into the casualty door.