If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, December 12, 2011

Breakdown


Sunday morning, en route a colonial morning of cricket at the Country Club... a lady broke down infront of me at Eric's Delicatessen.  She was at the front of the queue, and so we missed a whole green light as her car sputtered and jerked into the middle of the intersection and then stopped.

I've never owned an Uno, but my sister had two, and it was two too many when ranked in terms of reliability.  I pulled over to see what was up.  Having me pull over is definitely second prize; you basically get a hug and some company until someone with mechanical tendancies arrives.

The closest I got to practical assistance this time was a walk up the road to get some water for her bone-dry water... tank... tank.  Once her sister had arrived, I slipped away.