If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, September 26, 2011

Satellite


26 lumps of NASA space craft smashed into earth this weekend.  NASA asked that, should you find a piece of the 6 ton satellite, you shouldnt touch it, because it might be sharp.  And its theirs... hands off communists.  Chances of a piece hitting you are 3000:1, so make sure you're in a crowd.

Sunday morning, after a night staring at the ceiling counting segments I decided the time was right for a run.  I'd pieced together a route the night before, for the first time venturing into Beacon Bay.  I've never lived on the other side though, so many assumptions were made about distance.
I'm now intimately aquainted with everything you can see in Beacon Bay if you're staring at the ground; car mags, small dogs, verges, storm water drains and the wall I leant against while refuelling at the cafe where the N6 arrives in Slummies.