If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Friday, June 22, 2012

Gumtree


Following the successful sale of a PC monitor on Gumtree, I looked around my room with new eyes.  14 minutes later I had loaded an oven, a PC power supply, 2 USB modems and miscellaneous bits of a defunct computer.

Whether or not you put (onco) onto your advert spec, everything is negotiable.  Negotiating starts before people know what they're buying.  I sold a USB modem at lunch, to a mom... she went in for the kill with a 2/3 offer before she knew if it would accept her SIM card.

You must know what you are happy to sell for.  Don't get suckerd by an early low bid... its probably just a mom trying her luck.
I hit back with, "it's only been available for 2 days so I am holding out for the full price."

Buyer's who actually want your goods are always convinced that other people want them too.  It's a sort of optimistic outworking of people's self esteem.  This plays handily into your advantage as the seller.

You can peruse my items here