If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, September 5, 2011

Mornings


I'm no morning person.  Depending on the definition, you might be fooled into thinking that seeing as I managed to leverage my ass out of bed, I might quaify for membership in that most despised clique.  But then I can't handle conversation before 8am and would rather remain unengaged.

Winter was tough.  I had logged an impressive number of morning runs through autumn, unfortunatley my resolve didn't have the legs for the month of June... then July and then August.  My bad.  This has lead to a lot of heavy debate at 5 in the morning (albeit only once a week).  Between me and my less keen inner man.

Methodology.

The easy win.  There have been a few moments of unforced discipline in the last month, so first stop is a simple 'OK, lets go running'.  Unfortunately, this remains an unlikely solution.

Isolation.  Phase 2 is a movement to isolate this run as a vital inclusion into my weekly excersize, and a systematic dismantling of all excuses put forward.  Seriously, I do this.

Go time.  Once I have motive on my side, the crucial 'Actually getting out of bed' moment arrives, and failure to act within the window of opportunity can be game-chaning, read game ending.