If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, September 5, 2011

Mornings - the less verbose edition.


And now, using less words following reader complaints.


I don't like getting up.  When it's dark I want to be in bed.  Sometimes I do - but it doesn't mean its easy.  I avoid all humans till 8am.  Ask Nic... he knows :)


When it was cold, it was even harder.  I hardly ran these last 3 months. Fail.  Now I spend 10 minutes negotiating my release from bed.


The plan of action:


The easy win.  Every now and then I just get up.  So I usually just mumble "OK, Let's go running"... in case its one of those mornings.


Isolation.  If I'm still lying bed, I talk through each of the excuses keeping me there.  This can take time, depending on how creative I'm feeling.


Go Time.  Once I've run out of excuses, and have woken myself up through the inner turmoil, I have about 15 seconds to roll out of bed and put the kettle on.