If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, November 29, 2010

Dam Day

Its been a year of Friday nights at the Church and to end off we hit the Nahoon dam for a 'Dam Leaders Day'. The weather was shaky but held long enough for everyone to get wet anyway, on the tube.

Tubing. So much fun. Its the only version of 'being towed behind a boat' I've ever been any good at. And by good I mean, I can do it for an extended period. By extended period we're talking more than about 7 seconds.

I've tried skiing. The last boat driver actually said "Dont worry, I've never not been able to get someone up". I showed him. There's always that moment when you've fallen while skiing, but have still got the rope in your hands, its your will versus the friction force of water, at 20kmph. But its like gambling, the house always wins.

My awesome tubing partner and I emerged victorious, surviving a last ditch attempt by boat driver, and subscriber, Kyle. Left with sore arms and bloody shins we returned to dry land. Day well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment