If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Swim

Now is always the best time.  It isn't always, but it is more often than you'd think.  Now wasn't the best time to resurect my swimming career. It was cold - I was wearing a speedo. I can't think of an analogy which captures the situation richly enough.  The Joan's heaters are broken. Im not venturing back into the icy waters until the sun, or their electrician, comes to the pool party.

Having had a legit job for a while now, Ive realised something.  Few people are qualified for their jobs.  Qualified by education - but rarely by actual, demonstrable skill.  I include myself in that.  It seems like that time between high school and job, spent eating rock buns in the cafe and hiding rubbers in Dave's accounting file/bag/pencil case/pockets.... anywhere really... didn't do much other than pad my CV, which I'm still yet to deploy.

I spent today animating some ribbons.  Im about to retake the reigns on a client service, account management project... tomorrow I may cure cancer...  I studied Economics... and some IT(IS) stuff... conveniently de-emphasized.

No comments:

Post a Comment