If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, August 2, 2010

Materialism

Turns out subscriber Kyle was hording a PS2 all along.  I'd like to think that the reach of this blog is so vast that I was able to source a Playstation through one of my readers... only he sits next to me, and if I stretch out my left hand I can poke him in the eye.  After Church last night, I sat like a 12 year old in a bowl of Sony spaghetti, wiring up my childhood dream.

After 3 games, and 3 defeats, CP and I found ourselves discussing politics, and lusting after a bigger TV.  There may be merit to this whole materialism story.  Then Nic got home and announced we'd scored a bigger TV.  There may be merit to this whole 'If you think it, you can do it' story too.

The weekend was spent in Katberg, and then after that, recovering from our trip to Katberg.  A bunch of us went trail running... and then trail walking. I didn't anticipate doing any walking, but then I hadn't anticipated some of the gradients we'd encounter either.  It's a ridiculously beautiful place. I made as much effort as I could to take it in, while I wasn't focused on not letting anything out.  Definitely keen to go back next year for round 2.

Among my feats of manliness last week, I: suspected Cat's house was burning down.  Ran faster than a middle aged woman down a dirt road.  Contemplated assassinating a friend at a stop street.  Drove a Lamborghini.

No comments:

Post a Comment