If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, August 16, 2010

Cops

I still, sporadically, play Ultimate.  Haven't been in a while, but headed down to Nahoon on Sunday morning post-Church, post-first breakfast to join the crowd.  I was chatting to Roelof, fellow disc-sportsman, when a fairly relaxed polisikop rolled up next to us.  He didn't get out of his car.

Cop: 'You got a license?'
Rog: 'Me?'
Cop: 'Yes'
Rog: 'No, but I have a sense of humour... you?' (I didnt say that)

I then positioned myself between him and my bike so he couldn't see I was missing a mirror and dug in my bag for my folded up learners.

I thought it was interesting that he didn't say, 'Can I see your license....'.  Clearly a half-empty kind of guy.

Runners World thinks I can write.  Fo'sheeezy. (Get a cup of coffee, its long)

More insight into the world of bikes.  Bike shops are run by bikers.  If you can't see where the problem might come in, just review every sterotype you've banked of the average beer bellied, rough, hard living two-wheeler.  Now throw in some admin and client service.  What have you got?  Not much, thats what.

Stealth biker, coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment