If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Potjie

In aid of Woman's Day we were informed that our house would be cooking for the girls up the road.  Last week I was MC, and had 45 minutes to sort the meal out.  This week I was again in the line of fire, only this time I had literally the whole day to prep.  Infact, apart from watching 'The Pink Panther 2'... a chicken potjie was all I had to show for my 11hrs of conciousness.

Step one, CP and I cleared the garden bed to make way for 'Awesome fire pit'.  Conversation went something like this.
Rog: I was going to clear this but I dont have a spade.
CP: Lets just pull it all out.

Rog: This one's vas, not going anywhere.  Don't even bother.
<CP removes plant in question from ground>
Rog: Awkward.

Following our conquest of the plants I go and ask tenant Greg if I can buy some of his wood.
Rog: Greg, howzit.  I was wondering if I could buy some of your wood.
Greg: Hectic man, uuuh, that woods actually from the Poison Tree.
CP:  Ill go get some from Spar.

Three bits of blitz later, a restoration of my pride and the fire was... on fire.
CP: So...... wonder what we could do while this burns down.

10 minutes later...

Rog: What the hell.

Potjie was a success, there is currently a lot of success left in the fridge.  I hope to dent it at lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment