If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, June 25, 2012

Shopping


I really enjoy queueing at tills, especially the ones with those temptation gauntlets... like at Woolies, and now apparently at Pick n Pay.

Saturday morning, I'm standing in a queue clutching a sandwich and a packet-soup, observing the items people have ditched into the shelves.  As if you can subtly drop a pack of sanitary pads into the 2 minute noodle bin without anyone noticing.

And what's this... Pick n Pay is cross merchandising I&J fish fingers with People magazine...?

"Excuse me, where can I find the bread? Uhhh... Either at the bakery in the back corner of the shop... or there's a loaf lying ontop of the Tempos at Till 3.  Convenient, neh?"

The ultimate best thing ever about queueing in the Express, 15 items or less queue... is watching people who were not aware of the 15 item limit and get dispatched to the 'I only shop once a month, look at my trolley' queue - but only when they try and pay.