If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Service


I got my car serviced yesterday.  Picking your mechanic is more an art than a science.  Unfortunately you can't rate local mechanics on feedback from friends, because it's almost always bad.  My choice is somewhat limited, its either the dealership, or a guy called Graham in Gonubie.

My theory is that a dealership is more likely to replace than fix, and its unlikely that you would be able to chat to the offending mechanic who deprives your fridge of food and your kids of clothing for that month.  So I took the car to Graham.

The difference between Graham and the dealership; is that I got my car back soon after lunch... with a giant sandy boot print in the passenger footwell.  A footwell I spent Saturday morning cleaning with a small broom and a some wild sweeping. When Cath sends her car to the dealership it comes back glowing, but its on a service plan, so its a safe bet.

But I like Graham, and my car is feeling tight.  Now to go and make some two minute noodles...