If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Braai night

Monday is officially the unofficial braai night in Sandringham Road.  It's close on my favourite night of the work week, a peaceful time to sip a whiskey and kill mosquitoes on the deck.

Ryan joined us last week, I set about the food.  Turns out buying a whole chicken costs half as much as Checkers' Championship boerewors.  Their not-Championship boerie looks like it got left on the bench during the finals, so I left it in the fridge too.

One youtube video later; I'd turned my ex-Chicken into a flat-pack Weber ready bird.  I'm still not sure about the vent on the lid and its purpose.  So far I've narrowed it down to 'less smoke comes out the sides when its open'.  The open grid was filled with bread dough balls and an hour-20 later we were in heaven.  And all this magic for only R11.50 each.