If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tundra

Its. been. so. long.

Fortunately, I took part in my first ever mountain bike race.  The Kenton Extreme Eco Challenge.  I had to do something positive with the experience.

courtesy of jannes.
I don't own a bike and the sourcing of one went something like, "Kyle, do you have a bike?... Uuuuh... yes, it has two wheels. Great, can I borrow it?'

The Tundra, as it became known, developed legendary status on the weekend.  We actually beat some people, which I loved.  All I had was pride and a mild determination to live up to Lance's opinion 'Its not about the bike'.  It remains to be seen what Lance could have achieved on the Tundra, but the principle holds.

No regrets though.  It was good to do something tough.

At one point I lost my mind slightly, I had 2kms left to go in soft sea sand and I got owned by a wave.  Yes, a wave.  I think I shouted something Truman'esque.

No comments:

Post a Comment