If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bus Ride

Big news in my my world right now is that I bought another car.  Yes, I have retired the Hyundai.  I have mixed emotions - the Hyundai has been an honest companion.

carrier of choice
In order to get my paws on the new wheels I had a gauntlet to run, or ride... a bus trip to Graaff Reinet.  I wonder what the saving rate would look like nationally if you had to do a 7 hour bus ride before you could spend more than 10 gorillas.

Surprisingly, we left on time.  More surprisingly, I was quite enjoying myself... until we hit Queenstown.  The chairs are pretty comfy, and the window is big.  In Qtown we filled the bus.  My travel partner became a Somalian dude, who, from what I could make out... didn't speak English, but had taken a 2 hour ride on the back of a bakkie to get to the bus.  Hectic.  We're blessed to have cars.

A lady attempted to sell me a mielie at one stop... hawkers are fair game on board it seems.  While tempted I decided against it, budget concerns cited.

In hindsight it was pretty uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment