If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

C.O.R.

Humans are generally poor estimators of cost.  My uncle recently advised us not to spend money fixing up the house before we sell, because buyers usually under-estimate how much it will cost to renovate, and so rather them than you.

Turns out car buyers find themselves in a similar state of denial, and if not financially, then definitely in terms of how much time it will take.

My gorgeous car, which I have already developed a deep attachment to, has continued to vex me.  Ive since missed the road worthy date and will be paying the South African government another few hundred bucks while I wait for mechanic-Graham to sort out the inside drivers' door handle.  It decided, with an air of indifference, to simply stop working on Saturday morning.

Do not be naive.  A car which arrives with a COR, especially one from the AA, is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment