If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, April 16, 2012

Wasp


5:15AM, I was out and about, showing face among the sombre early morning running community.  Then I got stung by a wasp.

Finding myself in the middle of a debate about whether or not I should even have gotten up this early, I was interrupted by a burst of stinging pain in the center of my palm.  It's been a while since I had a run in with a wasp, I was amazed at how freaking painful it was.  At one point I found myself thinking theres no way getting shot in the hand could be much worse.

The thing with getting shot is, there's at least a loud noise, screaming women and children or at least 100 grams of coke and a 25 year jail term to keep your mind off the burn.  Where as a wasp sting is like being stabbed by a ninja in the library.  You're left alone, without any distractions, only a feeling of being one upped by nature.

I stomped my foe, then stood awkwardly in the middle of the road trying to suck the venom out of my hand.  All indications are that I failed completely; my hand is still puffy 6 hours later.