If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Back shopped


I haven't done a weekly shop in ages... my route home from work almost always goes past Checkers Vincent (don't judge me, its not as bad as you think...).  Yesterday I nipped in to grab some things for a braai; including tomatoes.

I went to get my tomatoes weighed - I've been carefully learning how to use the scale, by obesrvation, because if there's someone who's likely to be awol, it's the fresh-goods weighing guy.  Last week I gave it a shot, in his abscence, and left it beeping with an error message.  More observation required.

So I return to my trolley with the weighed-veg, and find no trolley.  After searching the veg section a few times, I get the eery feeling someone's nicked my trolley.  A man hunt ensued.  It got me thinking though, if you just stole someone's trolley and left their polony lying on the chocolate stand at the till (as one does)... you would save sooo much time.

I found my goods, they were being back shopped.  I wasn't impressed - seems like an unwise business move to compete with your customers like that.  I went with a basket for round 2.