If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, March 26, 2012

Last night


Last night didn't go so well.  Lately I've been waking up, around 3ish, with my work to do list running though my head.  I've been working on my AQ - Admin quotient... sometimes I feel like that could be a legitimate intelligence.

I couldn't sleep.  So I got up, drank some water and grabbed 'Building large web applications'.  I figured if anything was going to put me to sleep, this was a good place to start.
No joy, in fact, reading about all best practice code highlted how much terrible practice code I had implemented in the past and my heart continued to race.

I put the book down after a few pages.

At this point I must have drifted off.  Only to be woken by the sound of a giant, half metre wide crab clawing its way into my flat!  I screamed "What the..." - careful not to curse even in my dreams I noted... then I worried I had woken Nic so shouted, "Don't worry, it's only a crab!".  Then I actually woke up.  Eyes trained on my sliding door for signs of large crustaceans.

There must have been something in my bolognaise from Spar.

All of that was a true story.