If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, July 18, 2011

Licensing

The licensing department. Where hopes and dreams are crushed, hourly.

I may soon have to pay rent for my square meter at the bottom of Oxford Street. Fortunately I'm going to make a killing on licensing & registration consulting. There can't be many registrations tasks I haven't tried my hand at these last two weeks.

I've tried renewing and selling trailers and cars... held in an estate; registering and road worthying a motorbike... with an expired license... without a valid drivers license... which isn't yet in my name. Bam. I'm becoming one with NatIS.

When tackling a system, all you need is the right inputs. Which would be palateable if most of the inputs weren't wads of cash. I will persevere.

I'm getting addicted to seeing people run into the brick wall of documentation. At least 1 in 3 victims (applicants) queue for 30 minutes, only to discover that they need 2 ID photos, not 1 (today), or that they need a road worthy certificate to license their new car (also today) or that they shouldn't have filled in section B (last week). It's like watching an accident happen in slow mo.

Most unsettling is that no one gets angry. People come expecting to fail. Not entirely dissimilar to watching idols. I may try singing for the clerk when I head back on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I'm breaking the monotony with a trip to the traffic department for a roadworthy, with a side of learner's license application.

No comments:

Post a Comment