If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, July 11, 2011

Car wash

Having screwed up vast tracts of admin and car maintenance with my trusty Hyundai, I'm hell bent on keeping my new wheels in good condition. I've resigned myself to upkeep costs, and I'll get the paperwork done correctly if it kills me. Or a government official. Depends.

I feel particularly satisfied when it's clean. It's not just the car either, I feel like I've made progress when something which was dirty... becomes clean. Seriously cheap thrills. But you got to take the easy wins sometimes... keeps you in the game.

I'm perfecting the system too. Following a presumably heavy night, tenant Greg took out the only tap within hose-reach of the driveway. All washing has thus reverted to the bucket system. Fortunately not that bucket system; clean water is on tap. If I follow the right route around the car; roof-bonnet-side-boot-side-wheels... I can get by in 3 buckets and a splash to wash my feet.

Then I get to drive around and make people believe my car is a true reflection of my tight ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment