If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hyundai Accent BGZ 311 EC

The end of an era.

The Hyundai just left my drive way. It signals much needed progress in my fight against motor vehicle admin. But its not without some sentimental mourning.

It was the first car I picked myself. In hindsight, I made the decision without much knowledge. Infact, it highlights the relative ignorance that someone can operate in, and enjoy a fair degree of success. It makes me wonder what I'll look back on in 5 years and shake my head at.

The Hyundai has taken many roles. It became the mascot for Team Hyundai. An aptly named squad. United by its Navy'ness. Megs, Wingwoman, Cat and Se'... we'll need to re-evaluate our unity.

It took me to Port Alfred for a weekend with good friends; Stu, Mole, Kietsphat & Jamo and got us home safe - despite one massive pothole on the way back. I remember driving the whole way with all the windows down, making those Rebecca Black wind dolphins for an hour an half because I couldn't hear Dean.

Its been ghost ridden. True story. We danced while it rolled.

Mandy left her mark, the front door still opens funny. Your legacy lives on Kemp :)

Its been hand braked turned. Quiet about that one.

It's more recently been to Hogsbck for an awesome weekend of coldness, sherry, more coldness, and to discovering a great friend Pete.

It took us to Matola for the last holiday we had with Mom. And I remember clocking in at 140 with revs to spare on the way there.

It ferried Cath and I on our first date, fortunately it was dark and didn't advertise its cancerous skin condition.

That reminds me, I top speeded it at 170km/ph.... on a private road... not a public one. Heehee.

I took it past the 200 000km (not ph) mark. My planned celebration failed because I lost track of the mileage and probably passed the iconic mark en-route the Spar to buy a chicken burger.

And now its getting its body redone by the new owner and will come out looking better than ever, a well deserved 3rd wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment