If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Potato and Leek


Last night's soup evening with another cell was another capacity extending moment.  I'd scheduled a double batch of Potato & Leek after work and a stop at Spar... and then I offered someone a lift.  All with a 7pm deadline, in Abbotsford... which in local terms is a full-on roadtrip.

It would have been fine, except we don't really do kitchen equipment at May Street.  So my two and a half litres of soup was being transported in a 2.5l pot.  You do the math.  Simple division should suffice.

I set off with my 2.5L Potato & Leek G-meter.  It was an eye opener.  Each remotely sharp bit of braking was punished with a slap of soup onto the tray.  Mighty good call on the tray.  I imagine that spilling that much liquid potato would be literally the 5th or 6th worst thing you could spill in your car; beaten only by paint, motor oil, a barrel of pilchard juice or the full contents of a government officials' bladder.  After a staff party.