If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Learners License


I hit the home straight today.  The last step to getting me back on two wheels legally was Learners License; the Trilogy.

I feel like I'm an old hand at it now, but things got off to a rocky start.  The examiner walks you through 4 demo questions, just to make sure everyone knows how to do a multiple choice test.  More on that later.

Question 1:  What is the most important rule on the roads?
a) Dont break the speed limit
b) Be careful and courteous at all times
c) Keep left as far as is safe.

She prompted her class for the answer and I confidently said B, while literally everyone other person in the room said C.  C was correct.  It was a little awkward.

Fortunately I prevailed.

I chatted to a father - waiting for his son to write, while waiting for our marks.  He proudly told me his son had been driving around that morning by himself.  Sans-license.  I should probably have a problem with it, except some people who passed needed help understnding how multiple choice works... so I'm going to let it slide.