If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Police

Just when you think you won't have much to write about, you find yourself at the local police station reporting a crime.

I was off to a good start, the queue was only 1 person long, which is seriously aenorexic for a government department.  Of course, if the queue doesn't move, you may as well be standing outside, in the parking lot.  Fortunately the incumbent got all of his papers certified and I was suddenly speaking to an officer.

The local station looks nothing like this...
I wondered if the customer service people are actually cops, or whether their peers make fun of them, and do they have guns?!  How far would you have to push them while making your statement before they used it?  If I as a citizen had a gun while I was there, I may have used it... Maybe they have guns because citizens have lost it while make statements.  Who knows?!

After a confession that the only reason I was there was insurance related, I left. The calm assurance of a case number by sms, my prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment