If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, February 21, 2011

ICT services

On Thursday, following an attempt to log on at the Fort, to retrieve some lecture slides from the intranet, I had a run in with the ICT department.  ICT services the sign announces, ambiguously.

Turns out I didn't exist on the UFH admin system, or at least the part which allows you to log onto the intranet.

Today, after being referred, I ventured into the Registration Enquiries... room... queue.  I got another copy of my Proof of Reg and returned, with renewed energy to the ICT office.  This time she just added me onto the network.  So. Many. Questions.

So many things I wanted to say.  But there was no time, because I had a date with Accounts; in the basement.  Mission: account statement.

Three times I had to play the innocent white guy, caught in the admin crossfire.  A guy who couldn't stand in that ridiculous queue because he has to get back to work.  To bring home the bacon.

When I left the office I announced that I was going to kick some ass at the Fort.  Yet I returned with the taste of ass on my lips and with the paper I needed in my bag.  Seems like it was draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment