If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Friday, January 14, 2011

Ice cream

Its been a tough few days, but since dad was a hobbyist writer himself, and had a similar taste for dry humour, I figure he would be ok with me putting out a post.

Along with dad, a number of trees have become deceased in the last few days.  Some what in honour of him, many of them will go out with a photo-copied photo of him, from his ID book, or at least his name - from one of the many legal documents.  Our thoughts are with the saplings who are left behind.

I stopped to get an ice-cream on the way home from a photocopying expedition, and then proceed to drive one handed, left handed, back to home base.  It occurred to me that driving while eating an ice-cream should surely be prohibited, much like cellphone calls are.  I was definitely more interested in my melting soft-serve than have I have been in many conversations I've had on the phone, and thus I'm sure more distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment