If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, December 6, 2010

Wriggleswade dam

Destination Wriggleswade Dam.  A few kilometres short of Stutterheim, we hooked a right and hit the long dirt road leading to the dam.

After suffering a wrenched ankle during the final ELUF league game.  I kid you not. We have a league.  I resigned myself to spectating as housemate Nic and Cat took part in the Rotary Triathlon and Mile swim, respectively.  It was a tough call to make, but someone's got to lie in the sun and eat the picnic.

We watched the winner jog over the finish line.  He picked up his complementary loaf of bread (sponsor: Mr Bread), strolled back to his bike and packed his stuff.  Two men said well done, another man was fishing... and we ignored him - it took a while to realise this dude was actually the winner.  Very casual affair.

I attempted to track Cat's progress in the swim... but its hard enough to recognise a swimmer when you're standing next to them if they're capped and goggled.  Again, I had to settle for a cup of Quaffe and my wordy book.  I read a book at a sports event.  I just realised the significance of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment