If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The future

It's 4:10ish and Im busy enjoying my 4pm coffee.  Its becoming more and more of an institution, as we approach the holidays.  This morning I threw some biscuits into my bag, in anticipation of this cup of coffee.  The biscuits were made in India, they cost about R2.50 at Nahoon Spar.

I regularly debate capitalism with housemate CP, usually shortly after I offer him an Indian biscuit.  That aside, these biscuits are a bountiful source of joy, because they represent so much more than just food.

They never go soft.  You can leave the packet open for days at a time and they remain crispy.  Its like hot chocolate that you only add water too.  It exists!  I know what that means, and that three dieticians just passed out, but in terms of sheer convenience, the future promises to be a gold mine.

The mind boggles at what food technologists everywhere are cooking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment