If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Washie

Kapow.  Its Thursday.  Arrived at work early this morning and hijacked the foyer sound system.  Deluge - Open up the sky.

My dad's doing the Washie this year.  For the lesser-informed, its a 160km road run from Port Alfred to Slummies.  For the non-runner, thats quite far to run.  Infact, thats quite far to drive.  I wouldn't even take that on on my bike.  I agreed to second him, which involves driving 160km quite slowly... and running next to him when he's battling to stay awake... and sleeping in a car seat when I'm battling to stay awake.  Its also next Friday!  What the flip, I thought I had months of prep time... I guess relative to actually taking part, I don't need to prep.

Feedback from the soccer is streaming in; Hemingways wants us to come back, real teenagers have said words like 'Thank you' and 'I appreciate it' and I hear some of them are still arguing about the refs.  My work here is done.  Good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment