If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spur

My childhood owes a fair amount to Spur.  Without it, I would have had to purchase pencil bags, rulers and miscellaneous stationery items, none of them official Secret Tribe spec.  I would also have had a skewed and unrealistic understanding of native Americans - unaware that there are still tribes of feather wearing, wooden canoe paddling, waterfall-rope-swinging people out there.

That said, all this magnificent 'added value' has done nothing for my appreciation of the place.  I hate the Spur.  I know hate is a strong word... but I hate the Spur. Going there for supper is essentially a combo pack of all the worst parts of being a middle aged parent - topped of by paying an unrealistically high amount for your meal.

The only reason... the only draw card... is the Monday burger special. Two full meals, for the price of one.  Two people, two drinks and burgers and a coffee and a bill of R88.  Even I must concede it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment