If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tort

I few weeks ago I became the proud, if slightly anxious, owner of a pet tortoise.  He/She remains nameless - in part because I can't find the alleged 'bump' to determine gender.  A more important part of the naming process is identifying suitable character - you don't just name someone Mildred without feeling that deep down they're a Mildred.

Tort.
Tort has given little away.  What are his likes, his dislikes? is he a morning person or is he a night owl?  These questions swirl, preventing a close'ness, that I can really call him my own.

What he does do, magnificently well... it sit very still, almost rock-like.  If there was a championship, which required long spells of absence and inactivity, I might be tempted to enter him.  If I could find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment