If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, May 21, 2012

Dancing lesson #1


It occurred to me that before we hit lesson 2 tomorrow, I should take a moment to recap our first Dancing Lesson.  It's not often I have fresh material, so let me not waste it.

It went down in a Church hall, at about 7:05pm last Tuesday.  We met our instructor, Charles, heard a bit about the traffic coming out of Gonubie and then got stuck into the slow waltz.

Cath and I go to a lot of weddings.  No offence to anyone who's wedding we have ever been too, for realz.  While dancing in a giant circle is fun, its also good to be able to swing around the circle as a couple, when they inevitably play Kaptein.  That's the dream, and in time we will achieve it.  We will also know a lot about Gonubie's traffic problems.

I've taken away some key points from our first lesson.  One is that girls are by and large along for the ride.  Also, that dancing is surprisingly structured, its got all these 45 degree angles.  And unusual names for things you do with your feet.... like "whisk".  And other names I can't remember.  I had one of those "Drive C is full, please delete something to continue" moments after learning the swing turn.

Optimistic depiction of us in the future