If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Monday, December 3, 2012

Sugar


Other than the presence of pets, working from a home brings you into contact with some unusual visitors.  A gent, John I think, arrived to tune the piano late last week.  I soon realized that any productive potential my day had would perish if John had his way and so I quickly offered to make him a cup of coffee, before I dashed back to my burrow.

He digressed into his coffee drinking habits, and then stumbled when he asked for 3 and a half spoons of sugar.  It's a strange thing, sugar.  Somehow sweet coffee has become socially unacceptable, and heaven forbid you prefer anything more than 2 spoons and milk - which is sort of the Toyota Corrola of coffee preference.

I say, stand up o ye' with a sweet tooth.  Hold high the sugar spoon as you ladle free will into your mug.  As a member of the no-sugar elite, I will stand with you in our shared love of coffee.