If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Break down


As I parked last night I knew I was taking a chance... I'd been on reserve for about 3 days and the needle was now actually below the empty line.
I've been lured into reserve-light-apathy by my old Hyundai, which was happy to run at about a millimeter past empty and so I thought I would be safe.

The irony is, this morning, en route to collect housemate Nic from the garage, where he had booked his car in for a service... my gas guzzler downed tools about 500m after I left the driveway.  I tried willing it on, I said nice things to it, I may have even rocked back and forward in my chair as if to school the car in movement.  Alas, a lack, of fuel.

Nic went to fetch some refreshments from the nearby BP, and then we were back on the road.