If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Friday, December 11, 2009

Country Roads

I was driving to work this morning; irritated by the latest batch of community road works.  Failed by local government the community has taken it upon themselves to repair the 2km of tarmac from the edge of suburbia  into the valley.  The lack of residing civil engineers evident in their choice of material.  While broken glass has a good rock/sand heritage, and a natural abundance in the valley... was it the best choice for filling potholes?

In order to get through the sea I floored it and almost meleed 6 chickens that were crossing the road.

Two nights ago I almost hit a cat.  Turns out the cat had wings.  A flying cat is a terrifying thing and I breathed deeply when I realised it was an owl.  Turns out owls haven't adapted to 'living with cars and roads'.  Then I almost blind sided the owl.

I got into my car on Wednesday morning, reversed down the drive then discoverd a passenger.  It looked like an Oreo biscuit with 6 legs, wings, horns, a bullet proof vest and a loud hailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment