If you want new posts delivered to your inbox, stick in yer' address and hit Subscribe...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Downpour


Slummies experienced a wicked downpour this morning.  I found myself cornered under the car port, with apparently every gutter on the property overflowing, and as much water falling from the sky.

Challenge one was the Curtain of Wetness, enshrouding the carport.  Having rolled up my pants and removed my shoes in anticipation of Lake Pathway, I shuffled toward the gate, back to the wall, eyes everywhere.

Through the gate, tip toe tip toe across the slate and down into the Lake.  Marine style across the bricks, like I was hopping between car tires at a BootCamp-by-the-sea.

My nemesis - though forgotten right until I dashed around the corner - the great 4m torrent of water streaming down from the  roof almost put me into the hedge.

Having been winged by the downpipe I ducked the hanging Banana tree and two-stepped the stairs, around another gutter overflow and safely onto the doormat.  Soaking.